How to create an HEX file from a BMP

M Maurice Kaag 3 years 5 months ago
68 2 0

Hi, I succeeded to replace the default SplashScreen on a MC9090 (with OSUpdate Package Builder) and naturally would like to do the very same on a MC9060. Indeed the MC9090 (WM5 aka Magneto) OSUpdate process accepts BMP file with no modification, the MC9060 (ppc2003) seems to accept only HEX file. Good luck there is built-in tool in OSUpdate Package Builder to convert a BMP to an HEX file. Bad luck it does not work (nasty error message about BMPToHex). I googled for a few hours looking for this tool or any others that could do the job without any success. Does anyone encoutered the same issue and/or purpose?? Thank you, best regards, Maurice

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

G Gabor Szeles

Hi Maurice, You should install Device Configuration Package (DCP) which contains the Terminal Configuration Manager (TCM). It also contains the default Splash Screen which you can modify in graphic editor. In TCM you can convert the BMP to HEX and download this HEX to the terminal booting in IPL mode. DCP: http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=k… 0 157524791 You can create the HEX with the DCP on URL above. The download of the newer version needs serial number and contract. Best regards, Gabor.

M Maurice Kaag

Hi Gabor, thank you for your answer. I was actually using DCP and TCM without knowing that I had to use the Build button to generate the SplashScreen HEX file. While processing the SC, it prompt _after_ to select the BMP file and convert it correctly. I then used OSUpdate to generate the package in Local Mode - the SC applies correctly. Thank you very much, best regards, Maurice

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?