Error -801 in MSP 3.x

// Expert user has replied.
J Jamie Glover 3 years 5 months ago
4 3 0

I have a package at a customer’s site that is failing with an 801 error and I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

The package contains just one file which happens to be an XML file called G4Sprinter.xml and needs to be placed on their MC7094 in the \Program Files\TBS\G4S folder on the MC7094 and it needs to replace the file that is already there of the same name.

When the package is deployed at the customer’s site it fails within MSP with the following error:

Error[-801]: File creation error [compactflash/msp30/TM_copy_test_3_00_188/G4SPrinter.xml]

When I try the same package here at Motorola it fails with the same error too:

Error[-801]: File creation error [msp_ftp/TM_copy_test_3_00_188/G4SPrinter.xml]

If I modify the package to place the file in the \Application folder it seems to work ok, but of course this is not good enough for their application.

I have attached a copy of the APF file to this post as well as my saved MSP web page showing the job log. HOpefully someone may have come across this issue before…

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

J Jamie Glover

Just wanted to update this post in that we have resolved the problem by creating a cab file to install the XM file into the location and it seems to work ok. It may well be that the airbeam package did not have permission to overwrite the file, although we have not yet had any feedback from the 3rd party developer. Obvioulsy we are still using AirBeam, but the package now contains a cab file which installs the required file. Many thanks for your thoughts :-)

J John Eveleth

I've seen this happen when the file that exists on the device is read-only, I would check to see if it is or not.  Otherwise the only other time I've seen that happen is if there isn't enough available storage memory, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

S Sean Wheatley

I come across this before, presumably you are writing to the compact flash card on the WS2000? I think you need to lose the underscores in path and/or filename or if it isnt that try shortening the path and/or filename. It worked for me when I had this type of error. Sean.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?