WM6.5 detailed description

// Expert user has replied.
P Philippe Piemont 3 years 4 months ago
3 8 0

I read the Update From Ian H concerning WM6.5 Excellent as ever. Do we have more detailed screenshots on the new OS that will be embedded in the to come products? Detailed specs on memory (comparison WM6.1/WM6.53) Thank you for your help

Please Register or Login to post a reply

8 Replies

T Thomas Cassar

Note MC75A (MPA2.0) will be released with WM6.5.2, not WM6.5.3.  MPA1.5 products: MC75, MC55 and VC60xx will get WM6.5.3 on the next Maintenance Release (approx. May 2010). There are a few differences like the start menu is still at the top in 6.5.2 and it does not have the "finger friendly" optimizations. WM6.5.3 or later would be released on MC75A at a future Maintenance Release.

H Horst Anderlohr

Hello Rob, are you able to post how the WM6.5 GUI can be turned off?

R Robert Galvin

Ian is correct. There is only a way to revert the Today screen back to the WM 6.1 look and feel. The honeycomb 'Start menu' cannot be reverted back to WM 6.1 - To change the 'Today' screen on Wm 6.5 - you can also do: 1) Start / Settings / Home / Items 2) Uncheck WIndows default and check all items you want to appear. 'Windows Default' gives that 'Zune' look and feel. On some of our products like the ES400 we will provide another alternative Home Screen.

J Jarod Fox

Phillipe, The document virtual memory changes in 6.5 and 6.5.3 have been incorporated in the presentation Ce-Virtual-Memory.pptx.  The latest version is maintained on compass:  http://compass.mot.com/go/ECSG-Whitepapers

P Philippe Piemont

Hi all I am filling an RFP that asks for details on our implementation of WM6.53 (Maldive) in our MC75A. - look and feel, functions(mail, calendar, calculator, ....) - I found Windows Mobile 6.53 Brief but I was wondering if we had produced any other document regarding this new OS, like LTK test cases or ... Regards Philippe

A Arsen Bandurian

I just hope that when we'll be releasing the new WM6.5 OS we'll be doing this with the old Today Screen. This all-new finger-style interface doesn't work so good on our rugged touch-screens. Imagine how would it be with MC9100 :)

R Robert Galvin

Arsen - The 6.5 OS release will default to have new today look - but can be turned off and put back to the classic look and feel.

G Gene Niles

Can you clarify what doc is being referenced when you say " I read the Update From Ian H concerning WM6.5" Are we referring to this doc http://devcentral.motorola.com/view/19780/view.aspx or something else? We published the above doc and want to see if there is more than one floating around. Thanks.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?