Pairing DS3578 to XP PC

// Expert user has replied.
C Charles Brugger 3 years 5 months ago
2 4 0

Has anyone been successful in pairing the DS3478 to an XP PC? I was given the LS3578 notes by support, but this isn't working. Any special settings on the XP bluetooth side?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

J Jaime Weidler

DS3478 can only communicate with the STB/FLB3478 cradle.  The LS3578 is based on a different Bluetooth architecture and can communicate with any standard Bluetooth peripheral device.  The DS3578 (released Feb. 16, 2010) can communicate to any peripheral device with standard Bluetooth like the LS3578 (same Bluetooth architecture). 

I am only writing this because the subject of this forum and the question in the body are referencing two different scanners.  Someone from the technical field or technical support team need to help you with settings for connectivity to an PC running Windows XP.

C Charles Brugger

Sorry, I mis-typed. It is DS3578. Is there any special set up on the XP side?

N Neville Harty

Are you trying to pair as a HID slave? If so, when you try to add the device is it failing because of the pairing security?  I am having the same issue with an MT2090 device, and have also tested with an LS4278. I can't figure out how to turn off the security pairing requirement for HID. Hope someone out there can help!

R Robert Kloentrup

The XX3478s will not pair to anything except their cradle as it's not an open-Bluetooth device. The XX3578 changes that and can be paired to other Bluetooth devices like a VC5090, XP PC, etc.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?