MSP 3.3 Installation Issue

// Expert user has replied.
A Adam Tiutczenko 3 years ago
12 4 0

Hello, I just finished installing MSP 3.3 for a customer, and the install went without any issues. But when we try to connect to the MSP Web Console, we are getting a Service Unavailable Message. We then have checked the Services in the MSP Admin utility, and all are at a stopped state. When we try starting them, we are getting the following: ______________________________________________________________________________ Unhandled Exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Cannot start service Mororola.MSP.PolicyEngine on computer '.'. ______________________________________________________________________________ Then under details of that pop-up we are seeing: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service Motorola.MSP.PolicyEngine on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure. And when looking at the user accounts on the domain, this shows that the account that we setup for MSP is locked, so we unlock the account, then try to stat the first service again, and get the same message. I have opened a case with the Motorola Help Desk, but I was just wondering if anyone here has seen that message before, and might be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

J John Eveleth

Is this a one box or two box install?  If two box (SQL on different server), then the username used should have been a domain user with local admin rights (this is is the user that should have been logged on the system at time of install).  The password for the MSP services can be re-entered by going to Start>Administrative Tools>Services, right click on an MSP service and select Properties, you'll see the logon identity being used there.

For the Application Pool, it's under Start>Administrative Tools>IIS>Application Pool, right click go to Properties and the Identity is listed there.

It probably locks the account because you have about six different services attempting to login with incorrect credentials.

A Adam Tiutczenko

This is a two box install. The mspServiceuser, is a domain user and we even tried making it a temporary administrator for the network. The account that MSP was installed under was the system admin's own user account, not the mspServiceuser account that was created for the MSP. So would the easiest way to fix this, just to do a re-install but login as mspServiceuser when installing MSP? Thanks!

J John Eveleth

Hi Adam,

I've seen this before, if you used the default user "MSP_SERVICE_ACCOUNT" I would re-enter the password for that user on the local computer (default is 11!Noxlet).  Then re-enter the same password for all the MSP services, including the MSP Application Pool in IIS.  Once all have been re-entered verify you can start the services and then try to login.

Do you know the case # you opened?

Hope this helps.

A Adam Tiutczenko

Hi John, The case is: 2100228, we are currently waiting on the customer to get the diagnostic logs. The user account that was initally created was: mspServiceuser, should we change that to MSP_SERVICE_ACCOUNT? I believe the user account was created in a domain, (the MSP server is not a domain controller), not on the actual Server, so that might be why. But the odd thing is that when we try to start the services, it locks the account on the domain right away. Also, how do we update the password for the services, and the Application Pool in IIS? edit: I think I found this, just under services, then choose each MSP service, and on the Log On Tab? For the Application Pool in IIS, is this under the Identity Tab? Thanks!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?