EMDK 2.3 Bluetooth

D Dave Narotam 3 years 5 months ago
3 2 0

I'm experiencing 2 Problems when using the wpan.dll. My Setup- MC75 - Bluetooth Serial Port Dongle - and a Dot Matrix Printer. Problem #1 I sporadically get an Error Window popping up from the BTExplorer - see attached file. This occurs when I try to open a remotedevice port. I have the OpenPort() in a try / catch block and receive an exception (OpenPort : Failure in opening com port : 55)  but only after the Error Popups. Problem #2 When I try to use the Custom Device Pairing  rd = new RemoteDevice("MyBTDevice", MyBTAddress, 5); I cannot print more than a few characters. When I use the Discovery Method - I can print without any problems. I have the BTExplorer Version 1.2.6 Build 24708 Installed. Thanks

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Problem #2 After creating the device it must be added to the remote devices list.  The following is an excerpt from the Programmers Guide section of the Help file for the EMDK.  I have only used EMDK versions 2.1 and 2.2 but have not had trouble printing when following these instructions.  If you have not perfromed that step after creating the remote device thatmay be causing your problem. --Help excerpt-- Adding the custom remote device to remote devices list The custom remote device must be added to the remote devices list, before performing any Bluetooth operations.

//Add custom remote device object to the list m_Bluetooth.RemoteDevices.Add(rd);

The manually added custom remote devices will be saved in the list even if they are not discovered during subsequent Bluetooth.RemoteDevices.Refresh() calls.

The RemoteDevice object created as described above can be used for operations such as Pairing and serial communications. ---

D Dave Narotam

I Have just upgraded the MC75 to the latest BSP - Stonestreet 2.11 The Porblems still exist - The same apps on a MC55 work fine ???

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?