Strange Barcode on DirecTV card

// Expert user has replied.
V Victor Rojas 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

All, I'm requesting your help to try to solve and strange case I found in Trinidad & Tobago. Attached you will find the scanned picture of the back from a DirecTV card used on the receiver of this satellite service. As you can see there is a barcode printed there in gray. The channel reported me that they can't read this barcode. They had try several model with the same results. So they send me this sample. I had try using LS2208, DS3408, DS6707, MK500, even with a MC55 and MC75 with DataWedge with all symbologies on. The result was the same that the channel reported: I'm not able to read it. I don't even know what symbology are they using even it looks like a Code 128. What made this even strange is that a Metrologic scanner is able to read it without any particular configuration with no issues. The customer is expecting our response regarding this issue since they would prefer to use our devices than the Metrologic. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

M Mark Mann

Hi Victor, I'd recommend you open a case with our support desk as they could take a look at this and use a barcode verifier to see what type of barcode symbology being used and or whether it is out of specification. Cheers, Mark

B Benny Karlsson

Victor

The code is an Interleaved 2of5 of lengt 12. The default setting (of code length) will prevent you from reading this code. You need to change the length setting to read this 12 digit code I2of5. If it still does not read, we can both see that the code quality is "terrible"... (hint: Don't use the "any lengt" setting - not a good idea on this code type!)

Brgds

Benny

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?