Remote Desktop solution for Windows CE Core - need confirmed working example

// Expert user has replied.
A Arsen Bandurian 3 years ago
110 4 0

Hello, Team. The task is to put Remote Desktop on MT2090 (yes I know it's CE Core - no RDP, and it's non-touch). Anyway, there's such a business requirement. Has anyone tried making remote desktop solution (VNC viewer, 3rd party RDP, whatever else free or paid) work on CE Core devices (MC3090/MT2090/etc)? Any feedback (especially with reference to working software) would be highly appreciated!

Please register or login to post a reply

4 Replies

V Vedsatx Saddvv

I haven't used teh 2090, but the 3090 does have a Remote Desktop (called cetsc.exe in windows directory.  I just verified that it was there on my 3090 (OEM version 7.35.0000 - CE 5.0)

A Arsen Bandurian

Hi, Dave. That's probably because your MC3090 is color version with CE Pro. It it runs CE Core - let me know :) Still, I figured out why RDP client from WinCE3.0 wasn't working with keyboard and got myself some sample tscscan.txt and tscshift.txt. So far, RDP keyboard input works OK through Remote Display (invalid local keypad mappings). Could someone please explain to me the purpose of tscshift.txt? What's "shifted" and "unshifted" char? BTW, where's shift on MT2090? Thanks.

A Andy Doorty

Hi Arsen, I ran MS Remote Display on the MT2090. Andy

A Arsen Bandurian

Hi, Andy. If you mean ActiveSync Remote Display, then I need exactly the opposite - I need to get to Windows machine from MT2090 (i.e. get a remote desktop client). So far I was able to find and test a .NET VNC Viewer (that is very slow and crashes every second time, need to research more into proper VNC server options), Mocha VNC Viewer (works) and some really old RDP client for CE3.0 (works for display and mouse, but keyboard input is really weird!). Also found a bunch of software that says "CE", but actually requires WM (Mocha RDP for example). Will continue my search. The worst case is porting rdesktop/tsclient from unix :)

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?