exiting applications running on the MT2000

// Expert user has replied.
A Amy Pennica 3 years 5 months ago
4 7 0

Hi All, My customer has the MT2090 running OS 028 and is doing the following...

Removing the STARTMENU.RUN from the application/ startup folder. Cold boot the device.
When the device boots back up press the down arrow then the enter key and this should bring up the Start menu.
Click on Programs -> Windows Explorer.

If you press the blue function button then '0' key it does not exit and bring you back to the desktop. If I leave startmenu.run on the scanner and click from the home menu -> utilities -> file explorer -> windows folder -> control.exe and press the blue function button then '0' key it does exit and bring you back to the previous screen. Also customer would like to know from the start menu that she brings up how would she access the WLAN icon to configure it. Is that possible?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

7 Replies

M Mike Faith

Just for some further information (Also from Rob) while the task manager will work in the general case, for this specific example of runing Windows Explorer ALT ALT(Blue Key - ALT - Blue Key - ALT) will drop down the File menu and allow closing the app.

A Amy Pennica

Ok, I will just wait for your answer. Thank you! Amy

A Amy Pennica

Hi All, According to Rob Pang:
The Home key only brings the Navigator.exe application to the foreground.  It does not close the application.   Also, the Home key requires that Navigator.exe is running for it to work.   If a user removes navigator.exe then they must programmatically "register" to launch a default application.   I advised my customer to exit the applications she should bring up the task manager by clicking the Function + Alt + Tab keys. She said that will work for her. This issue can be closed.

M Mike Faith

Attached bmp outlines wclaunch selection

A Amy Pennica

I will advise the customer that the way to access her Fusion settings is through the start -> programs -> fusion ->wclaunch. Will someone be looking into the other issue where the blue function + 0 do not exit the application if navigator is not running. Should that be an SPR?

M Mike Faith

IMO - the fact that the Blue Function + '0' home key only works when the navigator is running, is not an SPR.   That's strictly a function of how Navigator works. It may be an SPR that you can not exit Windows Explorer when Navigator is not running.  We need input from the Development team as the intended operation w/o Navigator present

M Mike Faith

Interesting, for me I need a TAB + Home key to get the "Start Menu"  Blue Function + '0' home key works when the navigator is running. At the Start Menu select "Programs" and "Fusion" and start WCLaunch.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?