MC7094...needs to disable options menu in Phone program

// Expert user has replied.
H Howard Laser 2 years 11 months ago
0 8 0

1)15:35/05-04-2010

2) 3-day

3) MC7094

4) WM5.0

5) 2130606 Customer is Innovapost and they are trying to prevent end users from accessing the MC7094/WM5.0 Phone programs 'menu' at the bottom right of the display. I am pretty sure that this is not possible as the Phone program is Microsoft's. I wanted to double check if I have overlooked a registry setting or some other method that might allow this since this is high-touch customer

Please register or login to post a reply

8 Replies

G George Dellaratta

According to Microsoft, WM6.1 introduced a method to disable the property pages from the Options dialog box.  However, the method does not work in WM5.

G George Dellaratta

I see.  That's something I can ask Microsoft.  I'll send the request this morning.  It may be a day or two before we get a reply.  Our contact at Microsoft was visiting Motorola this week and he's traveling right now.

H Howard Laser

Any response yet from Microsoft?

G George Dellaratta

Not yet

G George Dellaratta

Although it is included in the OS, the Phone Dialer is a separate application.  There are no provisions in the dialer to disable this button. What's the customer trying to achieve?  Do they not want the menu to open or do they not want to allow the user to make a selection within the menu?

H Howard Laser

They do not want the user to have access to the 'Options' selection within the Phone Menu

G George Dellaratta

Do you mean the "Menu" button within the dialer itself?

H Howard Laser

Yes.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?