WT4090 Lockup Issues

// Expert user has replied.
G Glenn Sobel 2 years 11 months ago
0 3 0

1) Time/Date

2) Response time

3) Product - WT4090

4) OS Version - BSP30 & BSP35

5) Clarify Case # 2129789 customer (Lucasware) states working solution started to have issue of the devices locking up when swapping out the battery. Has been occurring on large quantity of multiple devices (duplicating on devices). Customer placed eMscript on device. noticed in log there is a high notification count... line 152 notifications jumped from 7 - 22 .. on line 160 - notications jumped from 23 - 38 on line 559 - 560 is where the lockup occurred. not sure if this is the issue but looking for possibilities. Asked customer if this was a working solution, what changed... customer responded "we suspect this has been brewing for some time, but only got management visibility at the client recently. We know they had been focused on WMS problems. Thus, we don?t know when it really started happening. As I said before they added 50 devices, so there are many new, recently trained users and far more load on the wireless" can someone look at this log to see if any indication of issue?

Please register or login to post a reply

3 Replies

G George Dellaratta

Did you review this trace?  Is there a specific question about the trace you want answered?

G Glenn Sobel

specifically can it be determined that the notifications caused the lock up if not any help with determining the lockup from the log would be appreciated. I did look at the log and recorded the levels of the notifications as well as I have shown Dave S in regards to the levels of the backup battery trying to try and determine why 150 devices are locking up at different time when replacing the battery

G George Dellaratta

No, the log by itself will not give any information about the lockup.  The only thing that jumped out at me is that the CPU usage starts out in the mid-teens.  But for a long time will jump up to the 50 - 60% level.  Could there be a critical process executing in the application that is not being serviced properly when the battery is removed?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?