MC95 ALT Key Remapping

// Expert user has replied.
A Anthony Ambler 3 years 5 months ago
2 1 0

1) May 24, 2010

2) 3 days

3) MC95

4) BSP 19

5) 2141435 A customer is using the MC95 Alpha Primary keypad and would like to use ALT plus a letter such as ALT+B, ALT+C. The standard mapping for this feature is ALT+1, ALT+2 respectively. I can change these values to make the desired key combination by changing the values in the AlphaPrimaryR.cpp file and get the ALT+B. The problem is that it also has a side effect on the Orange key in which the Orange+B that should produce a 1 produces a B instead. So trying to remap the Alternate table in the KBtools changes how the Orange key works. I do not see any definitions in the KBtools for the the behavior of the Orange key. So my question is, is the behavior of the Orange key hard coded in the keyboard driver? Is it possible to remap keys that are also used by the Orange key without affecting the value the Orange key combination produces? Thanks, Tony

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Anthony Ambler

I spoke to Hiro Haga regarding this issue and he stated that even though the Alternate keys are provided in the mapping files they cannot be remapped. The reason is that the ALT key is generated by first pressing the Orange key. The Orange key is handled by the keyboard drivers and OS in a special way that cannot be changed. Trying to remap these keys will produce unknown results. Thanks for your help Hiro! Tony

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?