Biometric Programming on ES400?

// Expert user has replied.
E Erik Long 3 years ago
8 5 0

I have a project coming up requiring the use of biometric technology and the ES400 mobile platform. Has anyone out there done any programming on this unit relating to the biometric component? If so, what can you tell me about it? How did you compare the biometric data? I found the old MC70/75 BSCR SDKs online but have not seen anything relation to the ES400. Is there an SDK out there? Or does anyone have any sample code they could share? Any advice/assistance would be a big help, and very much appreciated. Let me know when you can. Kindest, Erik

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

F Filipe Madureira

Hi, Do you have the ES400_FingerPrintDemo.exe source code? I am also trying just to get a BMP with the finger print like this application is doing, but I can't find any documentation on it. Thanks.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

The API for the finger print reader has not been released. But we are finding it a requirement in many accounts now in Europe I written a test app with the information that I could find - The API works But does need to be productized by the BU - Please do not ask me for the API! We will/have a CPR for this so fully supported on ES400.

E Erik Long

I am not concerned about the comparison as part of the unit. Only that the SDK can be programmed for in order to operate the scanner and produce a bitmap.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Yes, the API have seen does allow you to capture as a bitmap - The test app I attached to the previous reply, displays the image from the reader and allows you to save as a bitmap.

C Christopher Sather

We were given a ES400 training deck to train the Sprint SE's with.  In that deck, there is a slide that states the biometric capability is only for unlocking and starting apps.
• Setting Expectations

– The Biometric capability is meant for securing the device and providing easy access for unlocking

– It is not designed to be used in conjunction with an application.

– Supports up to 10 fingerprints.  Can be used to maintain administrative access as one option.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?