MC65 Random Reset

// Expert user has replied.
C Charles Malm 3 years 5 months ago
1 6 0

I have a customer whose MC65 does a random hard reset which he claim causes the loss of data in the \Application folder and/or cause a clean boot. Can someone take a look at the attached relevant kdmp files and provide some insight as to what might be going on?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

G Gene Niles

Thanks. I am thinking thay maybe your customer applied a patch or something (incorrectly) that is somehow confusing  the sytem. This is just a thought but the text file seems to imply that things are not mapping properly.

J Jarod Fox

The text file errors are the result of viewing the kdmp file generated on WinCE with a tool designed for viewing kdmp files generated by desktop windows.  The file format is the same, however, the desktop tool makes assumptions for dll loading and virtual address space utilization that does not apply to the kdmps generated by WinCE 5.X and earlier kernels. 

G Gene Niles

Thanks Maverick :)

G Gene Niles

also I am curious to know how the .txt file you posted was generated. It does not look like the standard log file but it did show the following: .............................WARNING: coredll overlaps shellres_dll WARNING: coredll overlaps shellres WARNING: coredll overlaps commctrl_dll WARNING: coredll overlaps shlwapi_dll WARNING: coredll overlaps coredll_dll . ............................WARNING: coredll overlaps coredll_dll . ........................................WARNING: coredll overlaps commctrl_dll WARNING: coredll overlaps shlwapi_dll WARNING: coredll overlaps coredll_dll . ......WARNING: coredll overlaps coredll_dll . (4b8dfc46.eb7fb8d6): Access violation - code c0000005 (!!! second chance !!!) 00000000 ???????? ???

C Charles Malm

From the customer:  "I ran the kdmp file through Windbg (Debugging Tools for Windows) to generate the text file I sent you."

G Gene Niles

can't answer why the data is disappearing but the kdmp shows a crash in the Shell talking to cellcore.dll. This appears to be a WAN issue. btw, the kdmp file can be viewed via a "free tool" called uidumpviewer. If you google for it, you can download it.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?