MSP3 Client Delete And Exit Reappear

// Expert user has replied.
D Damian Stock 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

Team, At the end of devices staging my customer deploys a agent30 settings object, via a provisioning policy, to remove the package delete and exit options from the MSP3 client UI. After some period of time, on some devices, the settings object seems to be ignored as these options re-appear on the UI. We assume that the other options set in the settings object, such as check-in interval, are also set back to whatever the debug30 settings package has defined in it. As a result, we beleive that we have a lot of customer devices not checking in as the field users inadvertently exit the UI, effectively disabling the client. We definitely remove the debug30 package before we put our MSPsecurity settings object on the device. I have seen this a number of times over the years but have not come up with a reason. Has anyone else seen this and, if so, do you have any idea why it is happening? We have upgraded to 3.3.1 to try to resolve this, without success. We opened a case with Moto back in March but still do not have a fix. My customer desperately want to resolve this.  Thanks, Damian

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Allan Herrod

Damian; I have never seen or heard of the behavior you are describing.  It would help if you could capture the contents of the Application partition on a device that is working as expected and one that is not.  Focus especially on the \Application\AirBEAM folder.  It would also help to know if this happens after a cold/clean reboot or some other time.  It would also help to look at the Package Inventory and Job Logs shown for a device in MSP that is experiencing this issue vs. one that is not. Allan

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?