Problems connecting with Cisco Aironet

// Expert user has replied.
A Alex Esquijarosa Chavian 2 years 11 months ago
1 8 0

Hello Team, I have a customer how is having problems connecting MC5574 WM 6.5 with this Cisco AP: AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9. They state that the Handheld do not reach DHCP server. In the past I know there was a document for best practices connecting our devices to Cisco but the las versin I recall is for MC70 with WM 5.0... way too old. Does anyone have an updated version of this document or faced this kind of issue and found the solution? Please advice. Thank you in advance. Alex.

Please register or login to post a reply

8 Replies

J Juan-Antonio Martinez

Let's forget for a while about Intermec... Does this happen with a WM 6.1 MC75 too, for instance?

A Alexandre Silva

Alex You mentioned they are using WEP in your early post. How are the WEP keys being entered in Fusion?  Are you using a passphrase on entering the hexadecimal keys? As the WEP passphrase is not a standard, you should be entering the hexadecimal keys in Fusion 3.x. The best way to troubleshoot this also, will be for you to open a case with your TAC.  Provide a network diagram, firmware version being used on all equipment, configuration files of swiches/APs, Fusion version, and traces, as they are claiming the device doesn't reach the DHCP server. attached is document from Cisco with their recommendation when using Motorola equipment on Cisco infrastructure. Hope this helps.

D Daniel Teeters

Can you get a DHCP address if you connect to the same ESSID with your laptop?

A Alex Esquijarosa Chavian

Daniel, They use Intermec CN3 on their Distribution Centers and those connect without problems. Regards, Alex.

M Marcus Kurath

I had a situation where a customer was using EAP-FAST with a Junipler radius server. Intermec uses a Oddessy (the old Funk) client for their wireless. The Intermec was able to get a PAC and authenticate, but with the Fusion radio drivers we could not get a PAC If your customer is using EAP FAST, let me know and I can provide additiponal detail DQW476@motorolasolutions.com

J Juergen Schirp

LAP, is this a LightWeight AP connected to a controller? If yes, is the controller local or central? Who is acting as DHCP server and who is dhcp relay? Do they use local breakout of WLANs to local VLANs? Check basic / required data rates and DTIM interval. Try using 1 and 2 as basic / required and see if it is better. DHCP is using broadcasts. Check broadcast load on VLAN.

A Alex Esquijarosa Chavian

Daniel, Actually we faced that issue in the early stages of the pilot since they are using WEP but solved it uncheking the 802.11d. So, yes, it is unchecked. Thank you. Regards, Alex.

D Daniel Teeters

Did uncheck the 802.1d setting in the Options menu?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?