MC659B roaming

// Expert user has replied.
A Aleksandr Dekhtyar 3 years ago
0 5 0

Case #2398801 KELCOM COMMUNICATION   My customer is on the border of the Canada and US where both networks TELUS and AT&T is available.AT&T signal is stronger than TELUS and even so customer is using TELUS SIM card, the device is constantly roam to AT&T. Comparing other cell phones side-by-side and they stay on TELUS. 
What can be done to prevent this device from  roam to AT&T and stay on TELUS network?

Also, if customer will change Active Network Setting Mode to manual and select TELUS that way, will this prevent device from future roaming?

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

S Scott Pugh

I was given the following .CAB file to correct the behavior that you are experiencing.  Let me know if this is helpful.  Thanks!  Good luck.   

A Aleksandr Dekhtyar

Thank you Scott. Unfortunately this patch is for something else. It solve the issue with configuring data connection for the preferred network if preferred is not AT&T. My customers issue is selecting the network itself.

P Peter Arcuri

I believe the carrier, in this case TELUS, could provision the SIM card to disable roaming onto other services. This is the approach taken by other customers in the same situation using the Rogers network.

j joseph boriotti

Have you tried PLMN in the phone network setup?

A Aleksandr Dekhtyar

The TELUS is not appear under the PLMN list and if user remove AT&T from the list it re-appear again. The situation is even worse then I fist thought. Customer confirm it is not only when AT&T signal is strong, but as soon as AT&T signal is available.

Another question. Under proffered network the Beta has an option “generic” while released 21.103 does not. Is setting Preferred Network to generic will force the device to use SIM defined network?

If not, I guess the only solution is to disable roaming through TELUS. Not preferred method as it will prevent roaming when needed. And, as usual :( - customer is comparing to all other devices that works.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?