Insufficient RAM Memory

C Charles R Hoffman 3 years 5 months ago
2 2 0

Please forgive me if this issue has already been reported/solved. I tried to search the site and the page gives me an error and will not perform the search. It also will not let me advance the pages for a manual search. With that said, here is the situation. One of my counterparts is working with a community food bank on a trial of the ES400S. They are seeing the error message “insufficient RAM memory.” and the device suggested to close some of the applications that were running at that time. The applications that have to be running simultaneously are WTR and MobileCast but on occasions the driver may have to browse the internet for directions, send or receive text messages and/or phone calls. The consequence of using all RAM available is that the device will freeze and the battery has to be taken out to reset the device. WTR is a web application using the ES400S’ browser. MobileCast is a program written by UPS Logistics that allows route drivers to log cargo in and out. Those are the only programs running when the customer receives the memory error message. They’ve also noticed, that the device seems to be constantly sending and receiving data. I am mentioning this becuase they are also stating that the device's battery is dead in less than 5 hours.

Please offer any suggestions for steps to a resolution. Thank you...

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?