MC55 - Modify default decoder parameters

// Expert user has replied.
C Charles Malm 3 years 5 months ago
5 3 0

I have a customer with an application that does not allow them to modify the enabled decoders. They need to disable the TLC39 decoder because it is causing a conflict with the bar-codes they are scanning. Is there a way to modify the default set of decoders that are enabled and their properties programatically or by registry?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

M Milan Riha

Charlie try to check with decoder group. I know that 1 year ago they agreed that TLC39 will be disabled by default - SPR#18670

Now the reason the issue does not manifest itself in the older PixDLL is because in the older PixDLL we get into this condition only when the length of the barcode is 3. This was changed in the PixDLL for subsequent revisions where this condition is checked for all the lengths.

There are 2 ways to fix this problem:

(i)                  Ask the customer to disable TLC39 if they don’t need it

(ii)                Create a new CameraScanPDD/ImgScanPDD which disables TLC39 by default

I think solution (ii) would probably be the more desirable solution for the customer. We will discuss this with marketing and remove TLC39 from the default list for the next maintenance release (MPA1.6 and MPA2).

C Charles Malm

Thanks for the information

D David Meyer

If I understand this correctly, the customer is using an application that uses our scanner APIs but does not have the ability to modify that application, and that application does not have the ability to select symbologies. The only way to select symbologies is by using the API within the application, not outside of the application.  That would mean the customer has to go back to the application designer and ask for TLC39 to be disabled or to make it configurable. Alternatively, the customer could open a custom product request for a scan driver that does not support TLC39. Dave

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?