BT Scanners connected to Ipad/Android devices

// Expert user has replied.
M Marcus Kurath 3 years 5 months ago
2 4 0

I have a customer who is experimenting with BT scanners connected to Ipad and a variety of Android based devices. On both device types, when using HID mode the device only permits either the soft keypad of the scqanner to be active. (The keyboard must be disabled for the scanner to work) Has anyone found a workaround for this issues  or had a similar problem??

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

S Steven Veverka

Regarding BT pairing RS507 to Motorola Xoom, you must contact Amnon Ish-Hurwitz (BAI001) for beta RS507 firmware. I've tested RS507 (w/ beta firmware) pairing to Xoom, and I'm seeing the same issue that Marcus reports.  I need to check out the link that Malcolm provided.

M Malcolm Flood

Its worth reminding your customer that these are the challanges of using a consumer grade device for an enterprise solution, the issue is the device/OS...not the scanner. For reference, ScanSource have several clips on youtube showing Moto scanners connecting to IOS devices and scanners such as the CS3070 connect to the XOOM very well. http://www.youtube.com/user/scansourcetech

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Jason, you connected the RS507 to Moto Zoom you mean Xoom (Android) ? - could you let me know how you have done this ?

J Jason Harbison

As you know Apple only allows one input device at a time, SIP or HID input from the RS507. We have good luck using the Moto Zoom and the RS507. Jason

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?