Configuring Network Adapters to connect to Work

// Expert user has replied.
A Alex Esquijarosa Chavian 3 years ago
0 5 0

Team, I came a cross a question from a customer that want to configure the default connection of Network Adapters. This is not the configuration of 'My Work Network' instead of 'My ISP'. This configuration refers to the one that can be accessed via Start --> Settings --> Connections --> WiFi. My customer wants to set the 'My network card connects to:' value to 'Work' intead of 'The internet' (default value). Any idea on how to configure this using XML provisioning or the Registry? Thanks in advance. Alex.

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

A Alex Esquijarosa Chavian

Chris, Thank you much for the file but this one we already try it. This only set the config on Start --> Settings --> Connections --> Connections --> Advanced --> Select Networks, and set both to Work. The configuration we need to change is on Start --> Settings --> Connections --> WiFi. Kind regards, Alex.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

...you could try the following registry key. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\] "RegPersisted"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\WiFi\Ethernet] "DestId"="{A1182988-0D73-439E-87AD-2A5B369F808B}" CU Thomas

A Alex Esquijarosa Chavian

Chris, I think you forgot to include the procedure. Thank you for the quick respoonse. Best regards, Alex.

C Christopher Sather

with attachment

C Christopher Sather

Try this one.  Its been awhile since I did this, and hope its the setting you want.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?