Emscript analysis

// Expert user has replied.
M Milan Riha 3 years ago
1 5 0

Hello team,

Could you please help with analysis of attached file?

Customer was using eMscript Version: 1.2.6 (not the latest one), terminal MC9094 running WM5.

In the attached file :

On 6/25/11 7:10:39 AM

The value in the  « CPU Mode » column changes from Auto to Error when 6 minutes earlier the value is still equal to Auto for several days of usage of the PDA

In the column « Message Description or Event Status » we have « Power resumed. Reason KBD1: Suspended at 25/6/2011 07:05:03 Suspend Reason: Inactivity Timeout Time suspended emGetSuspendTime : 0 days 0:5:32

Starting with that moment, the « Error » value in CPU Mode doesn’t change except for at the end of the logs.

Terminal was resumed after 5 min and after this it looks like for me that emscript didn’t detect CPU mode. Any other idea?

On 6/25/11 8:08:14 AM

The PDA doesn’t have IP anymore and in the WAN Type column, where we had « GSM GPRS EDGE » we have now the value « Error »

Starting with this moment, the « Error » value in WAN Type doesn’t change anymore until the end of the logs.

It looks like the WAN modem is not detected after call. ???

On 6/25/11 10:55:56 AM

End of logs…no more recording events. The PDA must be blocked.

Error Retrieving Name [Error Retrieving Class] and then the device was clean booted.

To what correspond the CPU mode and WAN Type columns and which is their meaning when the value is equal to « Error » ?

I dont have retail messages (MPA 1.0) Many thanks

Milan

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

M Mahesh Vittal Rao

Hi, If this is something like device locks up when eMscript is run, I recall confronting a similar issue of device locking up when eMscript was run. I believe, the root cause was found that when a query about GPS is made for a Non GPS device, the API call would simply block without returning any values, resulting in device hang.

So the immediate workaround was to try setting log GPS to false in the resourcemonitor.mot,  something similar to the one below.

int iLogGPSInformation  = false  // LOG GPS INFORMATION (IF AVAILABLE) the value of which is true by default. Note: Executing resourcemonitor.mot on a device with GPS would work fine, its only the non GPS device that would trot. Regards, Mahesh ECSG (Engineering Customer Support Group) http://compass.mot-solutions.com/go/ECSG-home

M Milan Riha

Dave, I was told that terminal gets stuck, customer provided me new emscript logs (attached). All fixes are loaded on terminal. Thanks Milan

D David Meyer

From a very quick look at the logs, I am guessing that if there was a lockup, it occurred at 4:12 am on July 6th, because that is the last log message before a reboot the following day.  That is only a guess, beacuse the customer didn't tell us when they discovered a lockup, so we don't know for sure that they didn't just suspend the device one day and reboot or pull the battery out the following day (wouldn't see this on a log).  Also, this reboot appear to be a clean boot, not a warm or cold boot.  Why is the customer clean booting before saving the logs? They were currently running cat.exe, which must be their application, and were not running low on memory yet (although previously in the log they appeared to get low on memory before a reboot).  They also appear to be getting an IP address for a while and then not having an IP address.  Is this normal behavior for them or do they expect constant connection to the network? Please ask the customer to give more details about the failure condition and failure time for any future logs.

D David Meyer

Milan, There are also snapshots missing from the zip.  You may want to ask the customer to use the latest emScript and also to be sure to take all snapshots.

D David Meyer

Hi Milan, What is the actual issue that the customer is trying to debug that they have emScript installed for? I don't know off hand if any of your questions are actually issues or just normal occurances, but think we should focus on understanding what error the customer is seeing. Dave

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?