MSP 3.3 packages size limitation

// Expert user has replied.
Y Yoav Gottreich 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Is there any size limitation for packages load to MSP server?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

A Andrew Knight

As Thomas pointed out, the recommended method of importing packages into MSP is to copy them into the PackagesToInstall folder. Using this method, there is no possibility of a timeout occurring on the import.

A Andrew Knight

I need to correct my last posting. While using the PackagesToInstall folder is the recommended method of importing large apf files, the statement that there is no possibility of a timeout is not accurate. There is a chance of a timeout on the database import for VERY large packages (was reported when attempting to upload a file slightly larger than 500MB). However, we do not publish a definite max file size limit because it could vary based on several factors. Examples of these factors include SQL Server hardware performance, connection speed between MSP and SQL, package contents and more.

S Stephen Vye

I have had page time-outs occurring loading OS packages up into MSP as well, keen to hear about how people get around this??? Steve

E Efkan YILMAZ

...have the same experience on very large packages like OS packages. If you cannot upload the package via Web UI you could copy the package to folder "\Motorola MSP\PackagesToInstall" on the MSP Server.   Thomas

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?