Help Enhance?!?

// Expert user has replied.
B Brad McDonald 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

Hello, Can anyone help me enhance or help sort this out?  I have 5 events beginning at 2045Hrs and ending at 2145Hrs, nightly.  Please see attached document.  I've tried to outline my policy rules using simple IF, THEN, END IF for my logic. The Final 2145 installs the 2045 Agent.30 settings, thus setting up the check-in for the following night at 2045Hrs. Result: Five Nightly Check-In's; Locally; After Hours. It works, kinda.  Hard getting all policies on the right page.  What I'd expect to see every morning is that all MC75's are in Progress under the Policy2045 waiting for 2045 to come around. This was for our network people, they wanted the network quieted, but I still wanted a granular check-in to run jobs and such after hours. I have a GRIP request in for a change to Agent.30, but all crickets thus far! Thank You Brad

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

B Brad McDonald

Been thinking about this. Is there any object exposed where during a check-in event, the MC75's local time could be evaluated?  This might help tighten up my problem. Adding a thought. Thanks

A Allan Herrod

Brad; It would help if you could describe in as much detail as possible the result you are trying to achieve, independent of the approach you are trying to use to achieve it.  I suspect you are trying to use the wrong approach, but I cannot be sure since I am having to try and infer your actual desired result.  I am guessing that what you want is to have each device check-in with its Relay Server on a 15 minute interval, but ONLY during a specific time window and NEVER to check-in outside that time window.  Is this correct? If my guess as to your actual intention is correct, then multiple Policies is not the best way to achieve that result.  The best way to achieve that result would be a Check-In Condition of Condition Class AdapterTime attached to a single Agent.30 Settings Object that specifies a 15 minute Check-In Interval.  The MSP Agent would then run every 15 minutes, but it would only Check-In with the Relay Server when the attached AdapterTime Condition was met.  The AdapterTime Condition Object would then limit actual Check-In with the Relay Server to occur only during the desired time window. Note that the above does NOT guarantee that exactly 4 Checks-Ins occur at the exact 15 minute times like the approach you were using tried to do.  The MSP Agent will run every 15 minutes, but not necessary on any specific minute, since it will run 15 minutes after the last time it ran.  If a given run falls within the time window specified by the Check-In Condition, then it will actually Check-In with the Relay Server.  If you need to tighten that up some, there are ways you can do so, such as making the Check-In Interval faster (e.g. every 1 minute) and then controlling how often the Check-In Condition can be met (e.g. at most every 15 minutes).  That would ensure that it checks-in with the Relay Server exactly 4 times during the specified time window, starting with the first minute inside the time window and proceeding every 15 minutes thereafter within that same time window. Allan

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?