MC95 long range scanning

// Expert user has replied.
G Glenn Sayer 2 years 11 months ago
0 7 0

We are looking at opening a CPR to have a long range scanner integrated into the mc9500 product line.  We are wondering if anyone else has a need for this.  If you do, please let me know the account and number of possible units.

Please register or login to post a reply

7 Replies

M Marcus Kurath

I had a request today for about 30 of these from Michael Lewis Company. I doubt if that can wait for the completion of a CPR since the go live date is late this year. . As we move toward more voice pick applications, I suspect a long range scanner would be in higher demand because many of these operations dont want the bulk of a gun form factor but have intermittent LR scanning requirements 

W William Perryman

Zebra 100 John Zavitz MAT Holdings 30 Melissa Reed Fellowes 50 Melissa Reed Molex 45 Melissa Reed

G Glenn Sayer

Yes the SE960 fits and last year we did a CPR (cpr7104) that we recieved a MC95 with this scanner in it.  It dosn't give you the Lorax range but is much better than the standard range.

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Glenn, I just noticed that the SE960 is the same standard range laser offered in the MC9190.  This would replace the SE1224 in the MC9090.  I'm assuming the scan range with the SE960 would be on par with the SE1224.  Have you done any testing to confirm this?  My question is if customers who are satisfied with the performance of the SE1224 in the MC9090 would be equally satisfied with the SE960 in the MC9500 if they want a brick form factor device?  Was this the reason for your CPR to put the SE960 in the MC9500?  What is the SKU number of the MC9500 with the SE960? Thanks, Ken

J Juergen Schirp

Glenn, what LR scan / imager engine are You planning to integrate? We did not make any progress with our customer on CE6 on MC95 as described in   http://devcentral.motorola.com/view/21008/view.aspx so far. Juergen

V Vedsatx Saddvv

I asked Product Management about putting the SE4600 Long Range Imager into the MC9500 and was told it wouldn't fit, just like Lorax.  We can't use the MC95 housing for either of these scan engines.

J Juergen Schirp

SE960 fits, does not really meet the specs of LRI or Lorax, but is a lot better in comparison to standard range. And a new bottom housing we were told is very expensive and not ergonomic.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?