CN50 RAM Memory vs MC65 RAM Memory

M Marc Fluhrer 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

We are in a very large competative situation with the CN50. We were told today that the Intermec CN50 with 256 RAM and 512 ROM has 150mb available in RAM for Applications. The MC65 with 256 RAM and 1 GB ROM has only about 50mb available to Applications. Has anyone else come accross this or does anyone understand how they can offer so much more additional memory on their device. This is a very important item in Intermecs favor to our customer. Thank you in adavnce for any insight anyone can offer.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

W William Perryman

I have a simulas issue on the ES400 where they want to use the Moto UI and Dialer but still need memory made available on the ES400S

E Efkan YILMAZ

Marc,   The additional free memory on the CN50 is mainly due to the lack of Intermec add-on applications and a different Qualcomm chipset. We can get closer to their 150MB free memory by disabling all the Moto add-on's such as the Home screen and the dialler and switching to the Reduced Graphics driver which is included in the MC65 A1 OS release. The attached installer will make these configuration changes automatically using REG files and will increase free Program memory (on the MC65 A1 OS only - do not use on Rev A) from 68MB after a cleanboot to 103MB after optimisation. Best Regards, Ian Hatton EMEA

D Dennis Loong

can I use it for ES400?  I have similar feedback from customer

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?