Upgrading RFS from Wing 4 to 5 PRESERVING IP

J Juan-Antonio Martinez 3 years ago
5 0 0

On the Release Notes for v5.1 it's clearly stated that upgrading from 4 to 5 does not retain original configuration, especially IP address. However, there is a note about preserving it, following these steps: Step 1: Upgrade the other partition on the controller to 5.1 image as noted above, but DO NOT RELOAD Step 2: Backup the 4.x configuration file Step 3: Replace it with a new configuration file (in 5.x format, containing the desired IP information) Step 4: Reload Please correct me if I am wrong, but I guess steps should rather be: Step 1: Upgrade the other partition on the controller to 5.1 image as noted above, but DO NOT RELOAD. Step 2: DOWNLOAD (tftp, ftp) startup-config on a PC. This file is default Wing5.1's config, as said on the Release Notes:"On upgrade from 4.x to 5.x the 5.x controller will save the configuration from 4.x in another file on flash (so that ‘startup-config’ will point to the 5.x default startup-config)." Step 3: EDIT this file with the right IP data. Step 4: UPLOAD (tftp, ftp) edited startup-config on RFS. Step 5: Reload Please confirm. I need to upgrade remote RFS7000, and there is no way to use console interface. So this must work on the first (and unique) try.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?