automate selection of CDMA Only after clean boot

// Expert user has replied.
M Matthew Chu 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

I've seen a thread on Celluar connection, so I am hoping someone in the community can confirm. My partner/customer reached out the helpdesk, but was told that there's no registry to affect it.  However, we look through the registry after making the changes and found that there's a registry change.   What I would like to do is to automate the selection of “CDMA Only” across the “clean boot” process on the MC65.  During a clean boot the terminal defaults back to “GSM/UMTS Only”. 

It appears that the following registry settings are affected by changing from GSM to CDMA, however, I’m not 100% confident that these are the only ones required and I’m reluctant to tweak the registry without understanding what the key/values mean.

Here are the settings for GSM selection:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\NETWORKSELECT] "Bandid"="0" "Sysid"="2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone] "SystemType"=dword:00000000 "LAC"=dword:0000A7E8 "Features"=dword:00000018 "ChangeTosysid"=dword:00000002 "DummyPopPIN1"=dword:00000001

Here are the corresponding settings for CDMA:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\NETWORKSELECT] "Bandid"="1" "Sysid"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone] "SystemType"=dword:00000040 "LAC"=dword:000003FF "Features"=dword:00000000 "ChangeTosysid"=dword:00000001 "DummyPopPIN1"=dword:00000000

The “NETWORKSELECT” settings seem to make sense. (also based on the Celluar conncetion thread)  However, I’m not sure about the “Security\Phone” settings.  If there is a better/proper way to do this I would sure appreciate learning what it is. thank you

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi Joe, I've got a customer looking to do a similar programmatic selection of the carrier - can you expand at all on what the key you mentioned does?  Would you also use this in conjunction with the reg entries Matthew mentioned?

B Brian Safran

Any get this working?  I have been told this cannot be done via the registry. I need an answer to this also. I have a customer that needs to upgrade 500 MC65's with BSP 40.10 and we need to programatically set the phone settings. They need to be: - Carrier Network - Verizon USA - Phone Band - CDMA only Thanks.

j joseph boriotti

Try this: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PhoneNetSelMode]
"Option"="5"

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?