How can I find OEM version (BSP) in a Registry Key?

S Stephen Vye 3 years 5 months ago
15 3 0

Is there a registry key that has the OEM version (BSP) within it, so that a developer can query the BSP version remotely? They predominantly use MC7596s, but the model for this Software Partner can vary.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

I am not sure there is a registry key for this - But you could use RegSave to dump out the registry to a text file and see if its there. Failing that you can write a SymScript script that will write out these values to the registry or a file so you can query - could also save to a .Reg file for coldboot peristance.  This would only need to be done once during staging.

E Efkan YILMAZ

I have put togther a simple utility that will dump out the information to the registry.  Just install the cab - it will auto run the utility during the install.
When you install the CAB it will run the utility as well – there is no need to reboot the terminal.

It will store the information under,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Motorola\DeviceInfo

BSP (Board Support Package) – This is the version that we give the OS

IPL (Initial Program Loader)

NotificationCount – number of notifications in the database, should normally be below 20

Operating System – The Microsoft version of the OS and the build number

Power Micro

Serial Number – The electronic serial number should be same as on label.

UUID – the unique identifier

WarmBootCount – the number of times its been reboot since the last cold boot.

It also stores the information in a file \Application\DeviceInfo.reg.  This file is merged into the registry every cold boot, so the utility does not need to be run on a cold boot.  Just once during initial staging.

You can run the utility at any time, run \Application\GetDeviceInfo.exe.

I have also configured so that it is runs every warm boot, so that it updates only the warm boot and notification count – These are not stored in the .reg file.  It is run via a shortcut file \Windows\Startup\GetDeviceInfo.lnk.  To stop this delete this file and \Application\GetDeviceInfo.cpy and \Application\GetDeviceInfo.lnk

j joseph boriotti

This information is not stored in the registry. You can download the EMDK sample code and there is an API that will provide this information.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?