Charge time for MC65 to power up with drained battery.

// Expert user has replied.
B Brian Safran 3 years 5 months ago
2 5 0

I am looking for how long an MC65 with a completely dead main battery needs to charge in cradle  before it can fully power on? THis can be either a single or 4 bay cradle. I have been given different answers from a few minutes to over 1 hour.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

M Marcus Kurath

Keep in mind that there is a bug with some cradles which cause this....if you remove the MC65 from the cRadle and do a reser  1-- 9   Power key, it will boot normally

C Carol Ann Scicluna

According to the MC65 EE: 
To charge an MC65 terminal starting at 0% charge, sitting in a 1 or 4 slot charger,  to reach 10% charge so that the unit is functional will take approximtely 30-45 minutes.  This is an estimate and the actual time could vary. 

M Marcus Kurath

The MC65 uses a standard Motorola battery. It can take up to 4 hours to fully charge a completly dead battery. The attached doc details charging requiremkents and operational characteristics

B Brian Safran

My question has to do with how long do you have to wait before you can power on the MC65 in cradle once it has a drained battery. In most of our other handhelds, if you put in in a cradle with a drained battery and press the power button, it will boot normally. With the MC65, if you do the same thing, it will go into the OS Splash screen and just sit there. I was told that there is a minimum battery percentage that the MC65 needs to be before it will actually allow you to boot in in a cradle.

D Dennis Loong

Charging the Main Battery

Before using the MC65 for the first time, charge the main battery until the amber Charging/Battery Status LED remains lit (see

Table 1-1 on page 1-6 for charge status indications). There is no indication how long it takes to charge & able to power up the device but you can certainly monitor the battery status - slow blinking amber, which will gives you an idea.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?