Fusion Options

// Expert user has replied.
P Philip Rush 3 years 5 months ago
2 5 0

I am looking for the best way to automate configuring a MC9500.  I would like to just load some files and do a cold boot.  I believe I have a solution for most settings but I have not found a method to set the fusion options.  What is the best way to handle this?  I was hoping to use the Fusion API but I don’t see any methods to set the options.  Thanks, Phil

Please Register or Login to post a reply

5 Replies

P Philip Rush

I have tried this and it appears that it only works on the scanner that generated the export file.  Perhaps my procedure was wrong.  What I did was the following.  First I set the options, saved them, then exported it.  I copied the exported reg file to the application folder on new scanner, same model, and did a cold boot.  The options were still set to the default.  I even did a reg merge and re-booted and had no luck.  If I change the options on the scanner I used to create the reg export file and do a cold boot the options are restored to what was exported.  It seems like the reg files are specific to the scanner that generated them.  Is that correct?  Should I be able to use the same options export file in any scanner of the same make model os and fusion version?  How about the profiles exports? Thanks, Phil

A Anandakumar Gopalsamy

To check whether the registry merge is really working in the original scanner, you can export the options to a registry first and then change a configuration in Fusion options. Then you can merge the registry file and reboot. Let me know what is present in the Fusion options after reboot, whether the configurations exported to registry or the options configured after exporting. You can try with both warm boot and cold boot. If you let me know the results for these, we can try to find a solution.

A Anandakumar Gopalsamy

Fusion API too has the provision to configure Fusion options. Commands such as WLAN_802_11d_SET, WLAN_AUTO_TIME_CONFIG_SET, WLAN_COUNTRY_CODE_SET, WLAN_IP_MANAGEMENT_SET and WLAN_RF_BAND_SET can be used to configure each option. Please check EMDK help file for complete list of commands.

P Philip Rush

I should have indicated that I am using the .NET EMDK.  The Fusion options appear to be only available in the C EMDK.   I hope I am wrong and I am just having a difficult time find the commands in the .NET EMDK.  Can someone confirm that the Fusion options setting are not available in the .NET EMDK.

A Anandakumar Gopalsamy

One way of doing this is to change the Fusion options as you need and export the options to a registry file. To save the options to a registry file, open Fusion menu->options, select 'Export' from the drop down menu and select 'Export options'. This registry file can be merged to the registry during boot up (or before rebooting) to set the configurations you already selected.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?