Pairing of Multiple RS507s to one MC

// Expert user has replied.
P Peter Arcuri 3 years ago
0 5 0

Reaching out to the community to confirm if one can pair multipe RS507s to a single MC70 running BSP39? If so, would the EMDK SSI scanner APIs effectively support management of multiple data steams? The idea is to have a MC70 acting as a Hub for multiple RS507s to transmit over WiFi. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Please register or login to post a reply

5 Replies

H Hunter Bradshaw

Have the similar request from a partner - how many RS507 can be paired and used with VC5090? Peter, did you have any success with this in your project? Thanks, Valery

P Peter Arcuri

Valery, the answer I got was that the Stonestreet BT stack will support up to 2 simultaneous connections. Unfortunately, the client is unable to implement their attempt to make due while without WiFi coverage.

E Evgene Vigoutov

theoreticaly, you can pair multiple RS507, BUT only when using StoneStreet stack (not MS).  BUT, for my understanding - the driver still does not know to work with multiple RS507, connected on the same time.

Y Yusuf Dalal

Hey Peter: Our devices can support multiple RS507. The scanning driver can support as many BT Scanners and is limited only by the number of Serial Port Profiles the BT stack can support. Afaik both StoneStreet and Microsoft should allow u to create atleast 2 SPP and hence 2 RS507s should work fine. SS may support more than 2. To enable multiple barcode scanner (SCNx:) you will need a modified BTScannerCtlPanel applet. Currently it only lets u activate one RS507. A recompiled version would allow you to activate more than one. However this feature has neither been tested nor supported. This is just fyi. Yusuf

P Peter Arcuri

Folks, thanks for the feedback. I will try to engage a partner to dig deeper. Thanks again!

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?