MC65 Camera Questions

// Expert user has replied.
R Robert Kloentrup 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

I have a customer that wants to use the MC65 for taking close-up pictures of jewelry and I have a couple questions I cannot find the answer to: 1) Can someone confirm that the MC65 camera is available via the .Net EMDK, the ES400's is not and since they share a "platform" I'm concerned that we may have just not updated the EMDK documentation to reflect the MC65 is affected as well. 2) Does anyone have additional specs on the camera in the MC65 other than 3.2Mpixel autofocus. Specifially I'd like to know what the minimum focal length is and if it supports any type of Macro mode so a Field of Vision chart would be very helpful. Thanks!

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

R Robert Kloentrup

They are using EMDK for .NET version 4.2 Update 1 and the line is question under Programming Reference - ES400 Programming - Design Notes - Image Capture:"

Image Capture - You must use Microsoft’s DirectShow for capturing images.  The Imager APIs distributed with EMDK does not support ES400 development.

Does this not apply to the actual camera (obviously there is no imager option in the ES400) as we've assumed. Another camera question if you don't mind, it can only output to jpg file format (no bmp, png, etc.) in the .Net environment, correct? Thanks again for the help.

A Alan Epshteyn

1. Yes, you are correct.  The Motorola Imaging API is not currently supported for the ES400/MC65. 2. I'm not a .NET expert, but I believe that .NET only natively supports CameraCaptureDialog() which is limited to capturing JPG images. However, you can control the JPG quality if that helps.  If you need to natively capture other formats from the camera, one option would be to pInvoke to DirectShow or you could convert the captured JPG into another format after the fact.

A Alan Epshteyn

1)  Which .NET EMDK are you trying to use with the Camera? 2) The camera in the MC65/ES400 is auto-focus and can focus anywhere from 10 cm out to infinity.  Does this answer your question?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?