RS507 and iPhone

// Expert user has replied.
R Roland Rozsa 3 years 5 months ago
8 4 0

Team, RS507 can be connected to iPhone? Has anyone tried it? I found a 3rd party appl. called SweetTooth that can be installed on iPhone to scan nearby devices that have BT enabled. Any experience? Thanks Roland

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

E Erick Rondin

Roland, Have a look into the PMB #2044, you will find everything you need to upgrade the RS507 firmware, move ti HID mode, etc...

M Malcolm Flood

Not sure about RS507 to iphone...but the CS3070 does and we have beta software on trial that enables both the CS3070 and virtuial keypad to input together. very easy to connect the 2. Does not need software to be loaded onto the iphone/ipad/itouch device.

E Erick Rondin

Hi Roland, I tested the RS507 with the latest firmware and it works perfectly with my iTouch (IOS 4.3.3 8J2). The only thing to do is :

Cold boot the RS507
Read the HID barcode
Read the right keyboard barcode
Start bluetooth discovery on your iPhone
Warm boot the RS507
RS507 will be discovered as an keyboard ans displayed with its name (RS507 ........)
Start Notes application and your are ready to scan and display on your iPhone

I also already tested on a Motorola Defy Androïd phone and a Samsung Galaty Tab with no issue. This firmware is really a useful

R Roland Rozsa

Thanks Erick! One more thing. Whre can I find HID barcode  and the right keyboard barcode ? Best regards

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?