MSP 3.3.1 Dynamic Registry Key

// Expert user has replied.
R Robert Southern 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

I want to set the following registry key to the same value as the relay server. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\StepOneSystems\Step\Hosts\default] "IPAddress"="96.239.175.248" Where the IP Address value is the same as the relay server. Can anyone help?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Allan Herrod

What I would do (and did just to make sure it could be done) is to use the GetRegistryInfo Control Module to configure MSP to pull the value you want from the desired Registry Value into an MSP Device Attribute.  Then use a Dynamic Registry Settings Object to deploy the value from that MSP Device Attribute to the desired location in the Registry,  It is kind of a convoluted way to achieve something that could be done with half a page of code, but doing it the way I suggest can be done without writing any code. For convenience, I have attached the CSV files for two Settings Objects that worked for me.  Note that the Settings Object defined by GetRelayServerIpAddr.csv won't work unless/unilt GetRegistryInfo.apf is deployed.  Note also that the Settings Object defined by SetRelayServerIpAddr.csv will only work with a suitably recent version of MSP Agent.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?