Display Issue

// Expert user has replied.
T Thomas Panariello 3 years 5 months ago
3 3 0

I got this from a customer, Storeroom Solutions, testing the NEON beta code: I'm having problems with the display size on the MC65.  For other devices (i.e. iPhone) I use a meta tag like:

And everything displays at the right size.  Under NEON the page/text is zoomed out and very small.  I've tried using the zoom meta tag from the NEON api but I can't get it to zoom in enough. Does NEON support the viewport meta tag? I am using JQuery Mobile which sizes page elements based on the viewport size.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi, RhoElements 1.0.0 does not support the viewport meta tag which is most likely the root cause of your problem.  This is mentioned in the release notes. Our WebKit team have the viewport tag on their radar but it will not be implemented until after the next release, 1.0.1.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Hi, The zoom tag should work here, I've had the page zoomed in very far, e.g. zoom.page = 8; I will investigate the viewport issue as it's not a problem we've had reported before. Thanks, Darryn.

T Thomas Panariello

Thanks Darryn! The developer said that the zoom tag did make  the elements larger "but it's still not fitting the screen size.  It is possible that the javascript library I'm using (JQuery Mobile) is part of the problem.  I've attached a screenshot comparison between mobile safari and NEON.  As you can see the rendering is pretty off.  Please ask if any other beta testers have used JQuery Mobile." Thanks, Tom P.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?