MC70 "call barring" issue

E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
1 3 0

Hello everybody, Russian Railroads is using private APN for their WAN communications. They have a pool of the internal phone numbers where each number is * (asterick) followed by 5 digits, for example "*12345". The issue - when trying to call these numbers MC7094 always return the following message "Your call barring setting do not allow a call to this number. disable call baring and try calling again". Needless to say that network Call Barring setting is off (Settings->Personal->Phone->Services) MC75 and ES400 are fine with these numbers, only MC70s show the problem. The config is WM5 BSP43 with the following on top of it:

MC70_2002_112708_Silent_01.cab 7094w5RIL13119r2.cab Phone Info applet shows RIL 01.03.01.19 RHA Ver: 0.33 Firmware: REVISION 02.002 Manufacturer SIEMENS Model Name: MC75 Audio 18.35.01 Questions: - have anyone faced the similar? - any thoughts what can it be? - do I understand right that call barring settings are kept on the network side? is it worth to contact the provider to see some logs on their side? - is there any in-device logging driver to see what happens on MC70? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Valery

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

H Hirokazu Haga

Please capture RIL log for the failure issue and send it to Hiro, and open the new SPR and assign Hiro as owner.

H Hirokazu Haga

I have asked Cinterion for solution. Most likely this needs a new RIL driver. There was a similar issue in the past but that was 9*1234 phone number and fixed by v1.3.1.5 RIL driver. Since this customer is using v1.3.1.19 RIL but failed, so that fix did not work.

H Hirokazu Haga

Cinterion response:
I am talking back to other engineer, Oleg who fixed Movistar 9*1234 issue, about this issue, I will let you know.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?