Keep scanner on using MK500

// Expert user has replied.
d dave gracon 2 years 11 months ago
13 13 0

How do I keep the scanner on using the MK500?  It's a kiosk application so the customer would just place barcode under scanner.  I tried ToggleSoftTrigger but it only stays on for about 15 seconds. I also tried the following with same result:                 MyReader.ReaderParameters.ReaderSpecific.LaserSpecific.AimType = Symbol.Barcode.AIM_TYPE.AIM_TYPE_PRESENTATION                 MyReader.Actions.SetParameters()                 MyReader.Info.SoftTrigger = True

Please register or login to post a reply

13 Replies

M MARIELEN DIMIZA

I think that there is no presentation mode in laser only in imager. R u using dataWedge 3.3???? I had the same issue with laser scanner mk4000 so what I did is that I replaced the web application in the meta-tags the "aimtype:presentation" with "beamTimer:0" and then go to datawedge v3.3 Advanced/Profiles/Profile0/Input/Barcode/1D Scanner Driver/Reader Params/Laser/AimType and check the Continuous read. U can try presentation too, but as I said before I think that there is no presentantion in laser scanner. In my case the scanner's laser is always on. Good Luck

P Prashanth Kadur

Yes, standardforms should not matter here.  It only helps you pick a scanner on devices with multiple scanners. It is interesting what you are doing with forms by inheriting textbox and scanner.  Good luck!

d dave gracon

Thank you for your help.  Going over to the client tomorrow to show off the MK500.

C Carlos H. Agudelo A.

Please, could you send me information about how to get this example program into the MK500 runing fine???... how can I do that???... thanks in advance...

d dave gracon

That works on my device!!  I'll have to retrofit it into my code since you're using StandardForms to get a generic device and then getting your reader from that.  That may be the difference. Thanks a bunch.

d dave gracon

As a follow-up, it works with and without the use of StandardForms.  I believe my problem was the order I was doing things.  My environment is pretty complex as I have a separate .DLL that implements a class inherited from TextBox that attaches to another class using events that implements the scanner.  That way any scans on a form trigger events in the text box class whic result in KeyUp events for the TextBox.  Thus the entry form program doesn't have anything to do with scanner, just starts the scanner via the text box and then looks at KeyUp events and processes when it gets the EnterKey.  This also handles switching symbologies and multi-form environment. Thanks

P Paul Zazzarino

[This is painful to watch] You do not want to have the scanner on all of the time, if it was a mobile device it would be out of power in a short while. Even with a AC powered device you only want the scanner to come on when it detects motion. So rig up your test rig to induce motion. As a test put the barcode on a pendulum, old record player or something with repetitive movements. [think like rube goldberg] http://www.google.com/search?q=rube+goldberg&hl=en&biw=1024&amp…

d dave gracon

@paul.  Indeed I do want the unit to scan when something is passed under it.  The HHP unit had a light on and when something was passed under it, it would scan.  The HHP and Symbol units require external power so having a light on isn't a big deal.  I just want a code example that is different than mine that makes it work.

P Prashanth Kadur

We tried the presentation mode on one of our devices here and did not see any issues.  You can take a look at my source code (most of barcode related code is in API.CS) attached here.  If you are still having problems, it may be your device. Note: The project is in VS2008/CF3.5.

d dave gracon

I believe that my attached code (above) is doing just that. BUT, after the scanner light goes out, after about 15 seconds, the unit does not detect motion so the scanner is not triggered.

P Prashanth Kadur

The unit goes to power down mode after a while and then comes back to life if the sensor detects motion.  That is how it is designed to work. Looks like you are doing everything right but the motion is not being detected.  You can try it on another device and if you are still having issues, please open a case with the support team.

d dave gracon

I only have one unit for a proof of concept project with a retail customer.  They are looking to use the MK500 vs. an HHP unit.  So I have to get this working in order for them to go ahead.

P Prashanth Kadur

You need to set the aim type to presentation mode and then turn the soft trigger on in order for this feature to work.  Even then, the scanner light will appear only when sensor detects the motion.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?