ES400 Image Capture

// Expert user has replied.
E Efkan YILMAZ 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Does anyone have a sample for capturing images with Microsoft's DirectShow. My partner has a huge opportunity but quality of photos being taken with ES400 using the ArcSoft applications is not good enough. Taking pictures with a phone with similar 3.2 Mp camera thows much better images of a document. It seems to be a jpg compression issue, and support recommended to make an ah-hoc application using DirecShow. Regards, Gustavo,

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

Thanks for the answers Gene and Praveen, Praveen, from your last statement  "...MS Pictures & Videos, Arcsoft's Camera App or any DShow Camera application will use the underlying DShowCam DLL..." I undesrstand that we'll have similar results in quality? is this DLL doing compression for the JPG? were to get moreinformation about DShowCam DLL?. Thanks, Gustavo,

P Praveen Shrinivas Narappanavar

Hi Gustavo, DirectShow FrameWork does this conversion from RGB565 to JPG. MS Pictures & Videos, Arcsoft's Camera App or any DShow Camera application are built on top of the DirectShow Framework. DirectShow Framework is given by Microsoft. DShowCam DLL is used to get the image in DShowCam supported image format, i,e RGB565. DShow Framework converts it from RGB565 to JPG. Thanks, Praveen N

G Gene Niles

take a look at the samples folder under http://compass.mot-solutions.com/go/ECSG-Docs This was written for an MPA device but should work

P Praveen Shrinivas Narappanavar

Hi Gustavo, Did you try to take pictures through MS Pictures & Videos and compare them with Arcsoft's pictures? You will have to modify the below registry setting to make use of MS Pictures and Videos -
1:Delete the registry given below.  

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM]

"OEMCAMERACAPTUREDLL"

2:Set the registry given below.  

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Pictures\Camera\OEM]

"CameraApp"="\windows\pimg.exe" FYI..., MS Pictures & Videos, Arcsoft's Camera App or any DShow Camera application will use the underlying DShowCam DLL. Hope this hepls. Thanks, Praveen N

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?