Capturing an image on the ES400 with RhoElements

// Expert user has replied.
P Pietro Francesco Maggi 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

Hi, I’m trying to get RhoElements to capture an image on the ES400 and save it locally (or in the websql) but I’m a bit stuck. With the latest release 1.0.0010 I see the CAM1 imager object, and I’ve tried the code Rob Galvin posted some time ago, without any luck.

I’m expecting to see the camera viewfinder pressing the "showcamera" button in the attached code, but nothing happens. Has sameone an example with this functionality? regards Pietro

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

R Robert Galvin

Pietro I was able to get the camera to come up, however after I disable it it won't come back up until RE is stopped and started again. It sounds like a bug. One slight change in the disable function: function hideImager(imgID)  {  imager.disable();   } Are you not able to see the viewfinder come up at all, even after a fresh load? Not sure it matters but how do you have your ES400 configure for Pictures & Video (mine was set to the default Arcsoft). I am using a Sprint based build, but don;t see that being any different.

E Efkan YILMAZ

Rob, that's a known bug with 1.0.0 and is being resolved in 1.0.1.

E Efkan YILMAZ

If the plugin uses our imager API that maybe the problem as its not supported on the ES400. Try an MPA platform i.e. MC75/A.  Also do not forget to load the imager API cabs to use the camera.

R Robert Galvin

Paul The latest build uses Direct Show on the ES400 & 65 instead of the imager. Pietro - I will have a look at the code and reply shortly. Rob

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?