Fusion SDk - ProfileType

// Expert user has replied.
S Stephen Hauck 2 years 10 months ago
3 6 0

There is a property of the Profile called ProfileType but according to the documentation it is deprecated. On an MC65 or ES400 how am I supposed to tell if a profile is ad-hoc or infrastructure? Thanks

Please register or login to post a reply

6 Replies

P Prashanth Kadur

Stephen, We will try to make a case for supporting this feature.  You could help us make a stronger case by asking your Motorola account manager to create a GRIP request.  Thanks.

S Stephen Hauck

OK, so how would I go through the profiles and remove any stray ad hoc profiles that my accumulate over time? Not providing a way to determine the profile type is quite short sighted.

D David Meyer

The way the API is right now, you would have to have kept track of profiles that you created or at least keep track of the profiles you don't want to delete. I am passing your feedback on, as there are specific details of the profile that you cannot get in the Fusion API (both C and .NET) which would be important for developers.  Hopefully this could be added in a future version, but for now it has this limitation.

S Stephen Hauck

David, thanks for confirming the feature does not exist and passing on the information. I have to say that as long as you have been using the Fusion product on your devices it's simply unacceptable that this feature does not exist.

D David Meyer

From your question, I am assuming you are using the .NET EMDK and are trying to read the profiles that already exist, not create new profiles. Unfortunately the design of the API limits the amount of information you can get from already existing profiles to the members of the Profile class.  ProfileType was never used as anything that would be meaningful to an application (it was used internally only).  The Ad-Hoc vs Infrastructure information is not accessable while searching an already existing profile. The best thing to do is to either know the names or IDs of the profiles to know which one you would like to use, or if you are creating the profiles yourself via the API, save information to tell you which profile was ad-hoc.

s sabir Rao

It is amazing to know here that we have got something called as future of social media here. https://thealthack.com/

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?