Hotkeys on WT4090

// Expert user has replied.
I Ian Jobson 3 years 5 months ago
3 4 0

All, On the 2-tap WT4090 there appears to be a couple of hotkey combinations that will allow access to background apps that we maybe don't want people accessing. E.g. pressing Blue, Alt, Orange W - will bring up the Fusion Menu and pressing Blue, Alt, Grey, B - will bring up the Bluetooth menu. Without using AppCenter does anyone know how to disable these hotkeys? Thanks IJ

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

R Rajesh Narasimhaiah

Launching any application w.r.t hot keys should be application specific or some services which hooks for keyboard for capturing and launching of application based on hot key combination. I tested this with WT4090 device, on pressing “BLUE+ALT+GREY+B”  it launches BT menu on taskbar, when I look this in remote process viewer I see “BTExplorerMenu.exe” is application which hooks for keyboard to launch this application, when I kill this application, I am not able to launch BT menu as I did before. The same applies for Fusion where "WCLAUNCH.exe" is application which looks for "BLUE+ALT+ORANGE+W" for launching fusion menu. Note: One can disable this feature by removing “BTExplorerMenu.exe”  and "WCLAUNCH.exe" on windows CE startup but this will remove BT and Fusion icons from taskbar. Best Regards, Rajesh Narasimhaiah

D David Meyer

The Fusion hotkey can be changed via the registry.  On MPA 1.0 devices, it would be found in the FusionApps.reg file in the Applicaiton folder, however the WT4090 OS may have it placed somewhere else to alter the default behavior. You may be able to change the setting to a key combination that can't be pressed on the WT4090 keyboard (for instance, most of our keyboards do not allow you to simulate both Alt and Control at the same time, so forcing both modifiers as below may be enough to prevent a user from doing this).  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symbol Technologies, Inc.\WCAF]  "HotKeyVK"=dword:00000057 ; Virtual Key Code for HotKey  "HotKeyMod"=dword:00000003 ; Modifiers for HotKey, bitwise combo of:      ; 1: Alt      ; 2: Control      ; 4: Shift      ; 8: Windows Key I am not sure if Bluetooth explorer's hotkey is controllable via the registry.

V Vojtech Draxl

I have tested on WT4090 the registry key for changing of the hotkey. It didnt work. I have Tried to change the modifier to 8 (Win Key) and change the hotkey to FF.  After cold boot with this registry file in Application the hotkey Alt+W has still worked. After removing the WCLaunch.lnk from Windows/StartUp , the first Alt+W has started the WCLaunch and didnt show the Fusion menu. By second press of Alt+w the Fusion Menu has shown again. The only working solution on WT4090 CE5 BSP35 is the reg key NoFusionHotKey.reg provided by Malcom [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell] "WcPath"=""

M Malcolm Flood

2 reg files in the attached zip file. One removes the BT icon from the task tray, the other disables access to the Fusion menu. I also created my own reg file to hide the task tray using Reg Save. If the customer does not like AppCentre, concider using Avalanche from Wavelink as it can also do a similar function without needed to be syncing to a server.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?