WT4090 - CE5 - Possible corruption relating to memory

// Expert user has replied.
J Justin Salvage 3 years ago
4 8 0

I have a customer the following setup... WT4090-WA0PC6GA2WR CE5 OEM - 06.35.0000 7 out of 22 devices exhibiting behavior ISSUE: The "Onboard IDE" partition (folder) is showing 32MB out of 60MB being used.  However, inspection of the folder show there are no files within it.  Enabling of hidden files and folders reveals no hidden files as well.  Reflashing the OS with the latest build does not resolve the issue.  I was unable to reproduce the issue on a device here.  I suspect there is some type of corruption that leads to this behavior. Has anyone seen this behavior?  If so, what is the cause?  Is there a fix?  Any help is appreciated.

Please register or login to post a reply

8 Replies

T Tom Lewis

You need to go into the storage manager Applet.  Unmount the partition and then run scanvolume.  The CHK files will be in the root of the partition.

J Justin Salvage

Tom, My customer tried merging the following registry setting, but states they still see the same issue... [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS] "Flags"=dword:00000060 ...is this the correct Flags value to use?

T Tom Lewis

They should try manually running ScanVolume on one unit to see if that will clear out the issue.  If there are lost clusters in the file system, then ScanVolume will create multiple .CHK files which need to be deleted to free up the space.

J Justin Salvage

Tom, How do you manually run "ScanVolume" on the device? Where would the .CSK file be located?

V Vedsatx Saddvv

Justin, I had case 1882278 open a few years ago for this.  We never did figure out how to reproduce it, but Lucas Systems added a filecheck utility early in the startup of the device (before the file system mounts, I think) and that fixed the problem.  I think Lucas used the scanvolume function to implement it. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms891845.aspx Now that we have more than one customer reporting this issue, I think we should look into including this functionality in the device startup.  I thought I read somewhere about this being an option you could select in platform builder, but I can't seem to find anything that refers to that now.

T Tom Lewis

There is a registry setting that will cause scan vaolume to occur on reboots. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS] "Flags"=dword:00000060 the definitions for the flags entry is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms885403.aspx#wce50confatfilesy… see bit value 0x0004 which is on by default (disabling automatic calls to Scanvolume)

J John Thurmes

Reflashing of the OS does not touch the IDE partition.  You could try deleting the partition and recreating it.

T Tom Lewis

This sounds similar to spr 17992.  You should run ScanVolume on that partition.  It is available through the storage manager applet.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?