Can you search for recent actions on a specific device

// Expert user has replied.
L Lisa Simm 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

I assume that all or most user actions are logged somewhere. Can someone please tell me, is there a simple way to identify recent actions performed on a specific device? For example, we have had a case of a folder being deleted from a device and would like to be able to easily identify if this was accidentally done via MSP.  thank you

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

A Allan Herrod

I hate to disappoint you, but it is not necessarily a good assumption that in MSP "all or most user actions are logged somewhere". There IS an OPTIONAL Audit Logging feature that can be turned on that allows MSP to logs MSP Console UI User actions that result in Jobs being sent to devices.  But that only relates to "scheduled" actions and only at a faily high level.  It would not likely tell you if the end result of some action did or did not result in the removal of a folder, unless you delved into every detail of every logged action.  Further, Audit Logging does not log ANYTHING that happens through Remote Control, if you are using that.  Nor does Audit Logging log anything that is done by applications on devices. Honestly, while it is not impossible that MSP might be able to log something that might indirectly lead you, given enough sleuthing, to uncover the cause of a folder being deleted, it is far more likely that it will not.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?