Motorola devices not roaming well on CISCO wireless

// Expert user has replied.
A Afshin Mansoorieh 3 years 5 months ago
1 2 0

I have a customer who claims their MC9090s and WT4090s are not roaming well on their CISCO wireless network.  they say that they have observed our client latching on to an AP till the signal strength was as low as -90db. has anyone else run into this this and found a solution?  any information you can share is greatly appreciated. thanks, Afshin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

2 Replies

T Tim O'Saben

We had issues with Cisco and WPA with roaming on 4090's/ 9090 's. This was addressed with a fusion patch. I would first confirm Fusion version then cross check this on support central. I'm not sure if this can be fixed with full OS or just a fusion update. TimO

M Matthieu Dierick

Hi  Afshin, Did you get wireless traces in order to understand what is going on ? When the device reaches the roaming threshold, he sends probe requests in order to find a closer AP (or receive Beacon). In this probe request (or beacon), many parameters are provided to the device in order to know if the device is allowed to connect to this AP (like datarates, RSN ... ). Wireless traces will provide you with relevant information regarding this process. If everything is okay on this side, you will need to have look on the fusion side. Matt

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?