Direct Show--Auto Focus

M Marcus Kurath 3 years 5 months ago
5 3 0

I have a customer who is attempting to use the camera on an MC95 to take pictures within an application. If they use the native "Pictures and Videos, the auto focus works as expected but they can't  figure out how to get auto focus to work when the picture taking is done under program control.  It is my understanding that this can be done using Direct Show. Does anyone have experience (or code snitppets)  with this or any other methods of taking pictures under program control where auto focus is required  (The application can take pictures using the Image API's, but autofocus does not work ) 

Please Register or Login to post a reply

3 Replies

M Marcus Kurath

I'm not sure what you mean by upgrade to the latest Imaging API. The customer is testing with the latest Firmwars...----Please advise
Per the 3.37.02 OEM version release notes:

Camera:

o Fixed buffer chaining issue and Changed chaining scheme for start of frame interrupts (to get better frame rates)

o Added support for higher resolutions

o Added support for auto focus

V Vijaykumar Palvai

Hi Marcus, In addition to the above answer, for your query regarding setting AF using DShow,Could you please try below, this will set AF: CamPropTbl  CamTbl; CDShowCam  g_Prop;
hr = g_Prop.Get_PropRng(CAM, &CamTbl); // this gets the max/min values of property CamTbl.p =  6;  //CameraControl_Focus CamTbl.plFlag= CameraControl_Flags_Auto;  hr = g_Prop.Set_PropVal(PropType, &CamTbl); // PropType = CAM/IMG Thanks, Vijay

Y Yusuf Dalal

I believe AF support was added to the imaging api in subsequent releases. Can you have the customer update to the latest API and see if using the latest images for the MC95 fixes the issue?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?