MC9190 – preproduction unit and WLAN set to on

// Expert user has replied.
J Justin Walther 3 years 5 months ago
1 4 0

I have tried the following registry key on a pre-production MC9190 and this does not appear to be working. Can anyone confirm if this is a known issue?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WLAN]

"InitialState"=dword:0

Unfortunately I do not have a fully released MC9190 at present to give to the customer.

Many thanks
Justin

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

A Alan Livingston

Use this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WLAN] ; ;  D0 - Full on ;  D4 - Off ; ;  InitialState is a dword represent CEDEVICE_POWER_STATE, valid values ;  are: 0 - D0, 4 - D4. ;  "InitialState"=dword:4  ; D4, changed default to OFF, product team to override if needed

J Justin Walther

Dear all Thanks for the response but a big thanks to Dan as it was indeed the encoding of the registry file that was causing issues - that will teach me to use freebie mobile registry software from the internet!! Regards Justin

C Christopher Sather

Yes, that is the reg key I use to enable Fusion on WM653. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WLAN] "InitialState"=dword:0

E Efkan YILMAZ

That should work.  I have been using it on MC9190 CE units.  Are you sure your editor is saving it as an ANSI encoded file and not UNICODE or something like that? I have been burned by that before.

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?