ES400s battery Life Challenges

// Expert user has replied.
P Paul Frasca 3 years 5 months ago
1 6 0

Has there been issues with the standard battery or extended battery for the ES400s??  Customer complaining of fast battery draw with no 3rd party applications installed.

Other than reviewing what’s running in the device mgmt tab under programs running, or verifying if wifi, Blue Tooth, Brightness and backlight, is turned off.
I know GPS is not the issue as it lays dormant unless an application queries it. You can’t turn it on or off like an Android.
To my knowledge, there is no additional windows mobile application like task killer in the Android space. 
I believe the battery latch much closed for it to charge properly…correct?

Any thoughts or suggestions that I have missed??

Please Register or Login to post a reply

6 Replies

M Marcus Kurath

The vibration alarm on these devices is a significant battery drain. It might make sense to look in the sounds and notifications and disable  any that dont make sense (ie WLAN detected)

K Kathy A Rubeo

Is there a metric for the barcode scanning on scans per second?  I apologize if this has been asked before.

G Gene Niles

I'm sure how the scanning metric in the last post would fit in here but emscript's default montioring script should be able to help measure when the most power is being consumed on the ECSG site ( http://compass.mot-solutions.com/go/ecsg-home) we published a brief document explaing how to measure overall consuption and using that to isolate out how much certain features may take. You may want to give it a try and see if the logs show if there are any peak usages of the current.

j joseph boriotti

Battery life with BSP19.1, the Rev A release, has some issue due to a random wakeup issue. The Rev A1 release improves battery life. If you are using Sprint Branded, the A1 release should be released shortly.

E Efkan YILMAZ

If they are synching email over the air, they should set a schedule to do that, not "As items arrive".  That will make a big difference.  I set mine up to sync every 10 minutes during peak hours, and every 2 hours non peak. 

j joseph boriotti

What BSP are they running?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?