Connectivity issues with Aruba Hidden ESS-IDs

// Expert user has replied.
I Ian Jobson 3 years 5 months ago
9 4 0

All, Has anyone experienced problems with our MCD products (specifically MC55) connecting to an Aruba WLAN when the ESS-ID is hidden? We had 20 sites with ~12 MC55s all working fine then then custoemr decided to hide the ESS-ID and now I have 6 sites where the MC55s won't connect. I'm not sure of OEM or Fusion versions, I'm waiting for confirmation from the partner. Any help appreciated, IJ

Please Register or Login to post a reply

4 Replies

E Efkan YILMAZ

I have a customer who uses Aruba, and he has found that the only way our equipment will work as needed is to turn on CAM mode on our end.  Not sure if it is related to hidden ESS-ID but I think it might be.  Obviously this will effect battery life, but this is the only option he has found that works in his environment.

R Robert Caporino

Seems like Aruba has an issue with PSP clients. It should'nt matter that the ESSID is hidden as our devices will send out Probe Requests with the ESSID they are configured with and trying to associate with I would get a wireless trace of the issue occuring. Proof is in the Packets :)

I Ian Jobson

Thanks Guys, IJ

I Ian Jobson

All, The MC55 are running BSP35. We've upgraded a couple of units to Fusion 3.00.2.0-020R and that seems to have no effect, in fact if anything it makes the problem worse. Has anyone seen this anywhere, any feedback would be hugely appreciated Thanks IJ

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?