E/// Microwave backhaul

A Ashish Nandwani 3 years 5 months ago
1 1 0

What is our "official" position on quoting/engineering backhaul solutions now that the Motorola PTP business is spun off? Will we be quoting E/// microwave? If so, where can we get pricing, design guidelines etc for it?

I need to complete a system design that includes a backhaul link. Any info on this topic will be appreciated.

Please Register or Login to post a reply

1 Replies

F Frank DeFazio

I'm not aware of an "official" answer/process yet but I can tell you about some of the changes I am experiencing with New Jersey. PTP 800 is still being offered the same way it has been. Nothing has really changed with regard to designing the backhaul and proposing it as a solution. That said, the E/// solution appears to be a "better" end-to-end design than the PTP 800 solution for the following reasons: 1. Less expensive not only in equipmnet but also in services 2. E/// does the complete design, installs it and is responsible for it 3. Network managent is done through the OSS (not today but in 2012) 4. All outdoor solution, no indoor modems to find a place to mount 5. All E/// networking gear so no issues with adding anything into the eNB cabinet 6. Product Group has blessed this configuration and is in the process of testing it for R2 I posted some material in the LTE/SME/Backhaul folder on compass: http://compass.mot-solutions.com/go/379982182 The current procedure for getting a quote is to ask your E/// contact (for me it's Jitender Vohra) and you would provide all the site information and requirements. They are currently very busy so I'm not sure what the turnaround time will be. Give me a call If you need additional information. Frank

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?